Twelve years ago, when I decided to become a stay at home mom, I felt like my “job description” included cooking…real cooking, not just microwaving some frozen meal.
What’s for dinner? It’s a question that’s asked day after day in homes everywhere, and it’s a challenge to keep dinner healthy, fresh & different.
If you’re looking for new dinner ideas…read on!
Let your family “travel the world at your dinner table.” It’s a combination of dinner, family fun & learning!
- Choose one night each month to be international dinner night.
- Let your children pick a country they would like to learn more about.
- Before you can travel the world, a trip to your local library or a web search is required.
- Check out a couple of books about the country and make sure they include a few easy recipes…stick to the children’s section!
- Plan the menu and let your children help with cooking.
- If you live in a large city, include a field trip to an ethnic grocery store to purchase the ingredients.
- Dinner conversation? Let your children see if they can “stump” you with trivia questions about the chosen country!
- Need an after dinner activity? Play a game from your chosen country!
- If you’re worried that your children are way too picky to try international cuisine, how about trying recipes from different parts of the United States? Tex-Mex, North Carolina BBQ or New England Clam Chowder?
Let me know where your family “traveled” for dinner this month!