Kerala is a state where resplendence runs supreme. It is blessed with nature’s beautiful bounties and that’s why it has been called as God’s own country. This is the reason why Kerala tour packages rank among the top tour packages in India. Just one visit will make you admit that it is equivalent to heaven as you will be overwhelmed with the kind of idyllic pleasure that it provides. The top things which you must put in your to-do list while planning a Kerala tour are:
- Ranked as no. 1 by best Kerala tour operators is a cruise on the ‘splendid backwaters’. You can include this in your honeymoon trip or can take your family along, both of which will be perfect. The star studded sky, the luxury dining, the sight-seeing, all while on the cruise will be par excellence experiences which you will cherish for the whole of your life!
- Get Ayurveda detox: Kerala is famous for specialised ayurveda resorts. They practise 5,000 year old art of Ayurveda for healing and wellness. A typical routine here will include yoga classes, meditation sessions, timely served light vegetarian meals, aromatic massages etc. These all will work as an antidote against the daily mental and physical strain experienced in a busy city life. So we advice that you should definitely include this in your to do list of Kerala tours!
- Relax on a beach: When we think about beaches, Goa immediately strikes our mind! But let us tell you that Kerala has equally beautiful beaches which are in fact more pristine. The sun-kissed sand and clear water waves touching the shore will provide you the perfect setting for relaxation to indulge in leisure activities of your choice. You can also take a lazy stroll along the shore with your beloved!
- Attend Snakeboat race event: Snakeboat races are one of the most famous events in Kerala and these take place during the monsoon season. You will be spell bound to see the magnificence of the traditional sport as many rowers sit one after the other on a long snakeboat moving their oars in complete synchronisation. You can get excellent photographic opportunities during this event.
- Go to a temple festival: Temple festival takes place in Kerala in the months of April/May. If you are going to be on a Kerala tour around this time then you shouldn’t miss out on this because it witnesses grand processions of majestic elephants ornamented attractively. Temple festival is organised at a big level in kerala with dancers and musicians also gracing the processions. Another event to take some mind-blowing clicks!
- Food tour: Kerala cuisine is a favourite of foodies. The reason is an exotic blend of aromatic spices and ingredients used, principal ones being coconut and fried mustard seeds. You can thus venture out in the markets to get a taste of local dishes. Also one more thing that can be done is to take up Keralite culinary class.
- Watch a Kathakali performance: Kathakali is a traditional dance form of Kerala. It dates back to the ancient era and has gained a lot of popularity due to its grandeur and brilliance. The dance outfits and props of Kathakali are very colourful and splendiferous which add to its richness. It is a must see thing on a Kerala tour to explore Indian culture at its best!
Gracy Chawla is a dedicated travel writer. She wrote several articles on India travel where you can find the best Travel destinations that match your travel preferences. She is a travel freak and loves to share her experiences through blogging.