Whether you are a new traveler or a veteran one, it is imperative to incorporate perfect scheduling and planning to make sure you get the most of your hard earned dollars. You need to know about how to manage topics like accommodation, food and transportation expenses. And you will know how you can travel around the world on a limited budget.
Here are some useful tips observing which you may expect to have a wonderful world tour within budget.
- Avoid staying in a hotel – Don’t stay in an expensive hotel; it would be better to stay in a hostel instead. You can select a four-star hostel in the central position of a city or town. However, before you actually reach there, contact your choices by email and arrange a virtual tour of the hostels. It would help you choose the best hostel according to your taste and budget.
- Go through travel guidebooks – Consult different travel accommodation guidebooks to get a list reputed ‘bed and breakfast’, ‘house share’ and ‘work stay’ accommodation choices. Make sure you make the reservation before reaching the place to confirm placement.
- Avoid peak season – If you are on budget, you must avoid high peak season for your trip. For example, visit Japan during the fall season or London in winter. Go for off-peak inexpensive tours and packages that provide the tourists with greater savings with flexible schedule.
- Take your flight to a central destination – Reach the central destination by air and then take train during the duration of your trip. Avoid flying from one city to another. Rather try to wander around the continent or the country by train or boat. You may consider monthly passes or multi-trip tickets. You may consider cheap car hire for local and short-distance sightseeing, if your pocket permits.
- Limit dining out – You must not spend much for dining out. Limit having your dinner in the restaurants once in a week. Buy foods for the entire day or week from local grocery shop. You can also prepare miniature meals and store them in a backpack or purse. Don’t forget to take water to avoid unnecessary purchasing of water while you are in the city. Cultural sites, museums etc. price bottled water and other snacks items up to 15% or even more than the actual retail price. Therefore, carry water to avoid such extra expenses.
Words of caution
Here are some words of caution that you must keep in mind while on a trip of abroad.
- Do a perfect plan well before you actually start your voyage. Remember to maintain a fund for emergency and miscellaneous purposes.
- Do a detailed homework before you travel oversea. Make sure you contact American embassy on arriving in a new country.
- If you are a student, then don’t forget to carry your student ID card as it would help you get significant discounts at many places. Anywhere you go, just show the card and grab discount, if applicable.
Autor’s Bio – Peter Smith is a well known travel blogger. be it on how to contact a cheap car hire or how to book a hostel in advance – his write-ups always provide some useful information to the travelers.