Planning to pay a visit to the ever so effervescent continent of Europe? Well, with many pleasant cities to explore, breathtaking sceneries to take in and travel worthy activities to indulge into, it is surely going to become one of the greatest vacations that you have ever dreamt of having.
If you are planning to explore the country of England and wish to start your journey with the exquisite Oxford City then you can be assured to make the most of your trip.
Oxford is undoubtedly, one of the most charming cities that England takes pride in possessing. It is famed for its prestigious university. Although it gets crowded at times, special credit always goes to the Oxford University, it is extremely beautiful there and this is where you will get swayed by the Old England charm. This city has a lot of history to share and while you are here, you should always consider spending maximum amount of time in roaming around the city’s streets and finding out more about its enriching quotient. Apart from that, you should always try to take the short ride from here which will directly take you to the English capital, London.
If you have been planning to make the most of your leisure time in the city of Oxford then you must consider looking at the cost ratio which will further help you in taking the decision smoothly.
Listed below are some of the money-saving tips that can help you in enjoying every bit of your holiday in Oxford.
- Plan early: If you pan the tour early then you will have plenty of time to ponder on things that need your attention the most.
- Stay at the city centre: The attractions are located close to the heart of the city and it is quite important to book your hotel somewhere near the central Oxford.
- Have food at cheap prices: Visit the student housing localities and there you will get cheap food. You would love the idea of indulging your taste buds in local flavor.
- Student theatre: Great entertainment is guaranteed at the student theater.
You must be wondering about the places of interests that you can look ahead to check out while holidaying in the city of Oxford. To clear your doubts and confusion, make sure to follow the below mentioned list which is comprised of al the places that you may look ahead to cover during your vacation stay in Oxford.
- The Ashmolean Museum: It was incepted in 1683 and is considered as the oldest public museum in Britain. It is popular for displaying the ancient Egyptian art along with Eastern art collection.
- Take a tour of the city: You can take part in the guided tours of the colleges in the city of Oxford. They usually provide an insight of the university life along with informing the visitors about the history of the school and university.
- Oxford Botanical Gardens: Visit the Gardens which are considered as one of the most scenic attractions to explore the scenic beauty in Oxford.
- Covered Market: This is a popular historical market where you can enjoy a leisurely stroll and taste the cuisines. A lot of homemade meals are served over here. It is the best place to do some shopping for groceries in this city.
- Balliol College: It was founded back in the year 1263 and was one of the first to create academic opportunities for women.
- Hertford Bridge: It was known to all the locals as the bridge of sighs. It was because the college students would sigh under it on their way to take their exams. Walk underneath the bridge to the Turf Tavern and you will be able to commiserate with the students over a beer.
- South Park: It is well positioned in the eastern part of the city of Oxford. It is the largest park in the city and is free to enter for the public. The park is filled with people either getting a tan or playing a wide range of sports on a nice day.
- Bodleian Library: This one happens to be the main research library of the University of Oxford and is also one of the oldest libraries in the whole of European continent. It has the largest collections of books in the world.
- Punting: It is a very popular summer activity that you can try indulging into while travelling to the city of Oxford. It is basically pushing the boat and you can bring some food and wine to enjoy the trip. You can make n interesting day by going out for punting.
- St. Mary’s Church: It is desirably located on the pristinely flowing River Thames. You need to travel by boat to get there. The church has a wonderful architectural aura which you must explore during your visit.
- Blenheim’s Palace: It is an underrated attraction which has been featured in the movie Hamlet. You would love the idea to explore amazing architectural elegance while holidaying in here.
Apart from checking out each one of these magnificent places of interest, you should always consider taking some time out to explore the equally marvelous British capital which is beautiful in its own way.
The Kensington accommodation will put you close to the point where most of the majorly explored travel attractions are located at. You are surely going to feel enthralled while coming over here. London is wonderfully ecstatic and you are surely going to love every single bit of your moments while coming over here. London is a blissful destination to travel to and so is the city of Oxford.
While travelling to England, you must consider ending a considerable amount of time in both of these cities and you will never have to complain about anything in life.