New York, the moment anyone hears this city’s name will immediately tend to say that he wants to visit it at least once in his lifetime. The modern lifestyle and high-quality standard of living attract millions of people to New York.
Although many people from European and Middle East countries strive to live in New York, only a few get the opportunity. However, with an official USA Visa, you can still create an opportunity to fulfill your desires of living in this commercial capital of America. There are numbers of companies providing services in Dubai. But only a reputed destination management company can offer all the assistance from obtaining the US visa to preparing itinerary programs.
Many people have a misconception that life in New York is costly, and they cannot afford vacationing in this city since an average price for a night to stay at a hotel will cost around $250, which is really not affordable to many. Fortunately, not everything is going to cost you that high and the fact is, there are numbers of free activities that you can still enjoy to make your holiday awesome and memorable without spending. No matter what time of the year you visit this city, there if still ample things to do without spending a dime.
Besides this convincing factor, are you still worried about the expenses, without which you cannot tour in New York?
Well! You can even test the fact keeping your wallet empty for a day!
To bring you the reality, here are five best free things to do in NYC, among ample options:
Right from enjoying the concert, comedy show to art exhibits and data idea, there is a lot to do without paying. There are also free parties and cultural events you can take part in. After all, a vacation in NYC is not that expensive as you think. You can explore many things by simply walking on the street. You can see and enjoy the amazing artwork, take photographs, and various activities happing in the street.
- Staten Island Ferry Ride: Simply take a ferry ride to Staten Island, which is visited by thousands of commuters daily. This ride will offer you a great view of the Statue of Liberty, New York Harbor, Ellis Island and the lower Manhattan skyline. Remember, you are going to enjoy this wonderful sightseeing without spending any money, and it is absolutely free.
- Visit the Museum: There are numbers of museums in New York that allow free-entry to people, particularly on Fridays. To point a few, the Museum of Modern Art is free to visit from 4 pm to 8 pm on Friday. Rubin Museum is free to visit on Fridays between 6 pm, and 9 pm. You can visit the New York Historical Society on Friday from 6 pm to 8 pm. There are also museums like Metropolitan Museum, Brooklyn Museum and American Museum of Natural History, which allow people without any entrance charges.
- TV Show Taping: You can attend a TV show taping and enjoy behind the scenes like how other NYC based TV stars appear to work their magic. You will absolutely be paying noting to see this show. Rather watching the program sitting in your home, this will give you a great experience and entertainment too.
- Walk everywhere: Undeniably, New York City is one of the world’s best walking cities, as you can explore and experience many things by simply walking down the streets. There are numbers of avenues and streets that are best for a leisurely stroll and watching the surroundings. You can also walk the entire length of Manhattan, which will, in fact, take 6 hours, but still is a good option to spend your time.
- Watch movies: Want to watch movies free of cost? You still have options for it. From June to August, visit Bryant Park, which plays free movies on outdoor screening. Movies are shown on every Monday weekly between 8 and 9 pm. However, you need to get early; otherwise, the park will fill quickly. You need to rush to get your tickets at 6 am to the Free Shakespeare in the Park, which plays free movies on every summer. Delacorte Theater in Central Park or Public Theater in East Village also offers free movies during summer. Therefore, try to plan your trip during this time to watch movies without spending any money.
The free things in New York City will not end with this, you have a lot more to do. Here are a few more:
- Tour with Big Apple Greeter: If you are the one who loves your hometown and wants to show the highlights of your town to the outsiders, then become a volunteer to lead a unique tour. What you need to do is, simply sign up in advance. You will enjoy the tour free of cost, while narrating and showing the good things about the town to the tourists.
- Kayak Hudson River: If you are interested in kayaking, but want to learn, then leave your worries. From May through October, free lessons are offered by the Downtown Boathouse Organization to anyone who is interested. You will undoubtedly enjoy the thrill of learning the art of sailing on the river on a kayak.
- Want to taste free wine? Visit Gallery Hop in Chelsea, which offers free wine. This will be the unique experience you get.
Besides these free things to do in NYC, there are also numbers of cultural events, festivals and other activities that can keep you entertained and engaged in this world’s busiest city. There are numbers of cultural attractions take place across the city in the parks and public places.
You can also visit attractions like the Empire State Building, Grand Central, Rockefeller Center, Riverside Church, Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine, St, Patrick’s Cathedral and more, where you can explore the beautiful architecture and know the rich history.
Bronx Zoo, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, New York Botanical Garden are few more attractions, which you can visit free of cost during weekends.
I am a very easy going person and love to interact with people and enjoy each moments as this is the last. I work as a freelancer writer. I contemplate myself as an innovative and original person. I love to reading books, travel, cooking and inspire people to find their career goals and to live life to the fullest.