Marrakech is the city gem of Morocco. It’s ancient past still beats strong in the grand architecture and bustling streets filled with the scent of spices. Wander the winding alleyways of the old town Medina, or practice your haggling skills in the maze of souks. At night the city comes alive with magicians, belly dancers and a mouth-watering array of food stalls. Marrakech Holidays give you a real taste of the magic of Morocco.
For accommodation in Marrakech you have two choices: a traditional ‘Riad’ or a resort hotel. With both options offering benefits, it is a hard decision on where to stay. Do you experience the magic of traditional Marrakech with a Riad? Or do you kick back and take in the North African sunshine in modern luxury with a resort?
Riads are former Moroccan palaces built around an interior courtyard, and many have now been luxuriously restored into boutique hotels that are shining examples of traditional Morocco.
- With a limited number of rooms, you are guaranteed a quiet and personalized stay.
- Many Riads are also ran by locals who have expert knowledge of Marrakech and are often more than happy to share their wisdom.
- If you’re looking for a holiday away from the stress of everyday modern life, the calming lack of digital amenities will enable you to disconnect from the distractions of Internet and television.
- Conveniently located in the heart of the city, the souks and stalls of the Medina will only be a few steps away. Perfect for a true experience of this magical city.
- If you like to stay in touch with the outside world, a Riad may not be for you as they are often without Internet or English television.
- Children may find it lonely staying in a Riad as with the small number of rooms it is unlikely there will be other children for them to meet, or kid’s clubs to entertain them.
- Located in the heart of the city, you can expect a little of the noise of the streets to seep into the hotel. However, the design of the interior courtyards means they can be unexpectedly quiet.
Marrakech is a unique mixture of old and new, many resorts in Marrakech are located outside of the city and offer a completely different experience. For modern luxury and relaxation hotel resorts are perfect.
- Resorts offer so many facilities that it can be tempting not to leave. At the Albatros Garden Hotel take a gentle swim in one of the two swimming pools, sit back in a traditional hammam sauna, or work out in your own fitness centre.
- There is no need to wander the city for a good place to eat. Choose from the resort’s dizzying array of restaurants, from true Moroccan tagine to home-from-home pizza.
- Often set just outside the Medina walls, resorts are an inclusive luxury haven from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- With 200+ rooms, resort hotels can feel busy especially in peak season. Therefore losing that personal touch!
- Despite the Moroccan furnishings and décor, resorts cannot match the authenticity of a Riad.
- Although the outer city location of resorts can be peaceful, it often means that you require a taxi ride to experience the center of Marrakech.
With Riads and resorts you can tailor your holiday to Marrakech to suit your needs. Whether that be peacefulness, luxury or the city experience.
lowcostholidays.com is a travel company providing cheap holidays and flights to destinations all over the world. Customers can choose from wide range of accommodation from luxury 5 star hotels to self catering apartments allowing customers to build their dream holiday to suit their taste and budget.