Early Sri Lanka was identified by variety of names. Sri Lanka is the bridge between West Asia and South East Asia. This particular country is renowned for the making and export of tea, coffee, coconuts rubber and cinnamon. The ordinary beauty of Sri Lanka’s sultry forests, landscape and beaches as well as its affluent and prosperous cultural heritage crafts it as a world’s renowned and eminent tourist destination. The climate of Sri Lanka is tropical and warm. Sinhalese and Tamil are the two official languages of Sri Lanka. This particular country Sri Lanka has a multi ethnic and multi religious population.
The Travel and Tourism guide to Sri Lanka contains a number of informative pages who desires to visit Sri Lanka for a leisure vacation. Let’s try and check out the famous five places which are worth seeing.
- Colombo: This particular place in Sri Lanka is one of the most famous tourist destinations in Asia. The crowd out here represents the essence and aroma of modern foundation and traditional culture. Here for a visitor the most important landmark is the old fort in Colombo. Another vital area to visit is the Victorian Lighthouse Clock Tower. There are also other major attractions in Colombo. They are: St. Anthony Catholic Church, Gordon Gardens etc.
- Dambulla: This is another important place in Sri Lanka. Here are five impressive cave temples which are dedicated to Lord Buddha but the first cave is basically devoted to Lord Vishnu.
- Kandy: This particular place represents the royal history of Sri Lanka. One of the key places to visit is The Temple of the Tooth. Other key places out here are Elephant Orphanage, Botanical Garden etc.
- Nuwara Eliya: The climate of this particular place is very exciting. The Victoria Park and Hill club are worth experiencing.
- Galle: This place catches the attention of tourists from all over the place. Galle fort, National Maritime museum are the key attractions.
So, if you are planning to visit Sri Lanka do visit these places and make your journey more exciting and eventful.