Remote villages of hilly regions are in high demand among the vivid travelers to the casual one. The peaceful serenity blended with the voluptuous beauty of nature is a perfect mind embellishment for many. Places of North Eastern Indian Regions bear all such quality, that too, at a Zenith point. And speaking about the places of less population and peaceful factors, West Sikkim must be an apt option; mainly Kaluk. Located at an altitude of 5300 ft, one can dissolve themselves among the mind alluring natural beauty.
Way To: In spite of its location at and remote eastern region, this place is well linked through rail, air and road. Details of which follows:
- By Rail: Once reaching to NJP junction which is very well connected all around the country one can easily en-route to Kaluk by a rented vehicle via Jorenthang. It takes four and half hours or so
- By Air: Avail flight to Bagdogra from where pick and drop facilities are available from pre-booked hotels. Even some of the tour guides also provides the same, making the journey even smoother and better
- By Road: Those who are in love to exploring the beauties of nature at its level best, travelling by road is the best option available. With a number of rented vehicles available from Sili9guri one can enjoy an adventurous voyage while reaching to this place
Staying at and Cuisines: With the boosted up travel industry even the smallest small remote places are turning out to be the utter most interesting travel spots. And here at this place where even Bard of Bengal had visited; no wonder, it will be equipped with all the latest amenities and facilities. The hotels and resorts is the perfect representation of the same. Ghonday Village Resort, Mandarin Village Resort, Red Mud Chalet, etc to name a few is some of the best options available. The foods and eatery of which are also mouth relishing. And those travelling some conducted tours with the best travel guides the options and ideas of food and lodging gets expanded.
From mountaineering to trekking to rafting this place is blessed with all. Never allowing its visitors to divert their mind at any other thoughts! Even the striking beauty of the sightseeing spots must be explored by the visitor here which includes:
- Gurung Monastery
- Rinchenpong Monastery – 2kms
- Heritage House
- Ravangla within 35kms
- Pelling – 30kms
- Legship – 10kms
- Bermiok – 6kms
- Hee – 10kms which takes 25minutes to reach
- Soreng – 20kms
Kaluk being situated at a hilly region, monsoon is better to be avoided for exploring this place. But the, those in love with vibrate colors of nature summer is the best time to visit. And those who want to feel the engulfment of nature by the charismatic ice all around, winter is the best visiting time. Ever freezing climate here can be the best travel spot for those couples in search of unengaged travel spots. Even those in search of places for washing out the mundane tedious and tiresome daily life, it is indeed the best travel destination.
Nature Wings is a name of passionate traveller’s team. They take the Nature lovers to the lap of the majestic Himalaya and let them explore the unprecedented beauty of it. Besides letting the tourist to the taste the serenity prevailing around mountains they also let them witness the wonder of small villages like Kaluk, Zuluk, Lataguri etc.