Holidays are a very special time of the year for families where everyone can relax and enjoy activities together, and why not? We should all try experiences outside the ordinary life.
On the other hand, being in charge of organising holidays can be very stressful and it can be difficult to accommodate everyone within a budget.
How to get a fantastic holiday which pleases everyone and stays within the budget? Are family cruise deals the right answer? You may not believe that cruises are an affordable manner to travel but, yes, they are. You can find cruises which start from as little as £30 per night: This is a true bargain. Consider that you get: accommodation, meals, all the facilities and other extras included in accordance with specific cruises.
Cruises are a true pleaser for families. Convincing your teenage son/daughter to come along will be easy because he/she will find attractive designated activities specifically designed for children.
Are you still not convinced? Before exploring the world at sea let’s explore all the advantages of a cruise for the family.
Top advantages of cruising for families
What are the real advantages of cruises for families? Here are the 7 best advantages of a cruising holiday for your family.
- Children have fun: you should stop associating cruises with only elderly people sipping tea. There are different styles of cruising and ships are designed to satisfy a wide variety of people. Children can enjoy a lots of activities on board such as classes and workshops according to their age, whilst socialising and acquiring new skills.
- Adult time: for families, it is very important to spend time together on holiday, yet having some time apart will reinforce the harmony within the group. On a cruise, families can enjoy time separately and adults have time to relax without children. Meanwhile the children are enjoying themselves under the safeguard of the personnel.
- Safe environment: parents can also enjoy a very stress free holiday because children are always within the guarded environment of the ship.
- Breath-taking experiences: on modern ships the activities to undertake are extremely varied, from ice-skating up to sky-diving. On ships there are even more activities than a common town has.
- Activities loved by families: all the activities that gather the family members are enclosed in a space including swimming pool, cinema and live events.
- Food for every liking: finally, parents and children agree on the choice of the restaurant; family friendly cruise ships have kids approved food (e.g. pasta, pizza, ice-cream) but they also offer fine dining. All the family could eat together the things they like the most.
Family cruise deals: How to find them?
Let’s be honest: it is not that easy to find family cruise deals online. Especially for someone who is new to cruising.
Family cruise deals are offered by cruise companies in different times of the years, most of the cruise lines provide advantageous packages all the year around. Some examples of family cruise deals might include discounted price for children, discounted meals for kids or other advantages such as unlimited drinks.
The best way to find the best family cruise deals is to talk to cruise specialists who will be able to give you the best advice on which ship and cruise line to choose according to the age of your children. If for example you have a baby who might need the night nursery a consultant is able to provide you with the best solution.
Cruise specialists are able to give you an unbiased opinion on the best holiday for your family. Another advantage to talk to a cruise specialist is that they will be able to provide you with all the available options for your preferred time of the year and destination. A cruise lines will only be able to propose only their own cruises deals.
Furthermore, cruise specialists provide a better price than cruise lines, this is not a well-known fact, but the agents are actually able to give you a discounted price.
When is the best time to book a family cruise?
The best answer is -as soon as you know. This because you will be able to select the best cabins according to your preferences and family staterooms which may be sold out very quickly.
There are however other two different times of the year wherein you are advised to book: straight after the launch of the cruises to take advantage of the early bird discounts and just before departure to exploit the last minute offers.
You should take into account that cruise lines are aware of the needs of family and they schedule cruises according to school holidays as well: So you will be able to find your cruise in your preferred time of the year.
Image source: unsplash.com
Francesca Bandini is a blogger and digital marketing professional, she is lucky enough to conciliate her passion for traveling with her job. She works in a formidable travel agency specialised in cruises.