Ever wonder what inspired Hollywood director James Cameron chose Zhangjiajie City for filming the Blockbuster and award winning movie “Avatar”?
To be honest, I am not too sure. The only thing that I know for sure is it is a city that offers a diverse array of tourist attractions and that several of those places were the sites for shooting the film.
Zhangjiajie City is abundantly blessed with tourism riches, scenic areas, and vast range of attractions. With a modest annual average temperature of 16.8℃ (but reaches an average temperature of 28℃ in July) where spring is all year round, Zhangjiajie is in fact cool in summer and warm in winter.
Zhangjiajie City is fecundated with Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, which is the earliest national forest park in China, and many others such as Suoxiyu Nature Reserve, Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve, Badagong Mountain National Nature Reserve and so on. Perhaps, that is why James Cameron chose Zhangjiajie City to film “Avatar”!
Places that I think might interest you included:
- Zhangjiajie Scenic Spot – is enlisted as UNESCO “World Natural Heritage Site” and China national key scenic spots since 1992
- Hualong Cavern – the underground pearl
- The Baofeng Lake
- Jutian Cavern – the world’s wondrous and greatest cave in Asia
- Puguang Temple – the prominent temple in Jiangnan
- Tujia Cultural Park – the ethnical holy ground
- Wulei Mountain – the famous Taoist Virtue and
- The ruins and memorials of Red Army March Off
So when is the best timing to visit this Avatar Zhangjiajie City? Well, is from April to October each year, more so in April and October month as Avatar Zhangjiajie City is entirely bristling with beautiful natural sceneries.
Anyway, in seasons, tourists may experience different scenery. Hence, any day any time, Zhangjiajie is the perfect holiday destination for all.
I am sure, you will find your lucky Avatar there too!
Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy my blog posting.