Have you ever seen a city beneath a city? Or crossed the floating bridge in Washington? Have you visited the Sea Lion Caves on the coast of Oregon or the Sanctuary of America sorrowful Mother in Portland?
That is America, from coast to coast that span several time zones and a few thousand miles, including different terrains and climates. The United States of America is a large and diverse country that has so much on offer as a travel destination for those tourist attractions, places of interest and interesting places and for people to experience the sights and sounds of the great nation of liberty. In fact, its various locales should form part of the itinerary of every travel aficionado.
Because of the size of the country, there are so many different things that we can do and see, as each state is almost like or has its own self-contained culture. For example, there has the gambling capital of the world in Las Vegas, the salt flats of Utah, the Southern country life of Alabama, the hustle and bustle city life of New York and the movie star town of Los Angeles. In fact, there are a lot of exciting places left to be visited and to be discovered, hence, it is always good to start planning your next vacation to see more of those wonderful places and to enjoy some of the rich history of every state there.
Another plus point that I like while travelling there is the quality of its infrastructure. You will find travelling long distance is so easy as compared to some other countries. To give you a bit of inspiration on where to go on your vacation in America, you might want to consider:
- Mount Charles and Lake Tahoe – these are favourite destinations amongst hikers. If you prefer more isolated areas, there are trails to be found there that are totally off-the-beaten-track!
- The Islands of Hawaii – this is one of the most expensive places to go on vacation, but it is still one of the most popular areas for honeymooners or for the families. Aside amazing beaches, there are many great resorts in the area. Activities can include surfing, swimming, mountain biking, hiking, scuba diving, and more.
- Alaska – the largest state, that offers great stretches of wilderness. Alaska is a famous vacation spot, people usually go there on cruises. It is popular for the fishing offered, and those who enjoy wildlife definitely enjoy vacations to this great state. In fact, its outdoors is the best attraction of this state and has something on offer for every nature enthusiast travelling to the U.S.
- New York City – known as the “melting pot” and one of the top ten vacation spots in America. There are plenty of possibilities to find cheap hotels to stay in New York, which will save you enough money to spend in everything else the city has to offer. Experience the huge amount of culture and try the restaurants with cuisine from all over the world. Visit galleries, museums and Ground Zero, go to Broadway theater, shop at Macy’s, and explore the ever popular Times Square!
- Florida – is a state that is full of hot spots, i.e. from NASA, to great beaches, Miami, Disneyland, Sea World, Epcott, and of course the lovely beaches on the Gulf!
- Arizona – it is warm and arid, and comprising mile upon mile of magnificent desert. But don’t let that mislead you and dismiss Arizona as a travel destination. Why? Simply because there is a plethora of incredible options on offer there, i.e. the famous Grand Canyon. No wonder, visitors and tourists often said once we set eyes on the sunlight that bouncing offs its craggy rocks, and by viewing its depths, we will realize why travellers in USA make a visit especially to Arizona. You may want to know that Grand Canyon is known as one of the “natural wonders,” that draws tourists enjoying hiking and even those who just want to experience the breathtaking views from the canyon rim for themselves.
- Texas – comprises several major cities, each with its distinctive flavour, such as Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, all of which offer plenty to see and do. Also, the cuisine in Texas is some of the best that you will get anywhere in the U.S. The barbeque, which originated there, has been developed into a form of art.
- Salt Lake City – it has risen to be one of the top vacation spots, especially for those who want to enjoy a winter vacation. It attracts many skiers to the great ski resorts in the area. The Sundance Film Festival also takes place in the city, which attracts many people, including movie stars and celebrities.
- Los Angeles – this city is known across the world, and the spots that tourists enjoy include Beverly Hills, Venice Beach, and Hollywood’s walk of fame. Also, there are great museums available for enjoying.
- San Francisco – is a top area for vacationers due to its weather and beaches. The summer is not too hot and rarely gets too cold in the city too. Wineries are in the area, the museums are great, and the beaches are magnificent.
- Las Vegas – a favourite spot especially for the adults. It is well known for its casinos, great shows and some of the most luxurious resorts and hotels. In fact, you can find something to do in this city at all hours.
- Nevada – not just known for its famed city, Las Vegas but is also blessed with picturesque landscape, and hiking is a major attraction for visitors to the U.S. The history of Nevada is equally impressive, with mining towns that date back to the mid-19th and early 20th centuries, this included the well-known Eureka. In addition, the state also has many museums and various historic features that one can find from Las Vegas to Reno. It is considered as one of the must visit and must see destination for travellers visiting the U.S.
- How about travelling to The Caribbean? Are you like many others only plan your vacation to The Caribbean islands just for the sun, water and beaches? In fact, there are many more things that people can do and see there. The islands are a historical mass that can lead us to understand and gain the knowledge of different cultures. Through tours of the islands various things can be discovered.
The Caribbean islands have an assortment of entertainment values. For individual, he or she can charter a boat for tours of the islands and its surrounding areas. Besides caverns that can be explored and discovered, a person or family can enjoy the historical monuments and walks around amazing structures in addition to viewing and enjoying performance theatres.
Visitors and tourists alike who travel to the Caribbean islands can have their nightlife by visiting many of the bars and clubs that are being offered. Not only that, there are planetariums, mountains and volcanoes, reefs and waterfalls as well as an abundant of hot springs and geysers.
However, it is good to have some ideas about the local practices and food habits in order to be able to adapt to this group of individual islands so that a trip to The Caribbean’s places of interest and tourist attractions can let you to have a lot of fun while exploring the various aspects of these splendidly beautiful, yet home to numerous natural reserves and virgin beaches islands!