Canada has always been amongst the most prime destinations for tourists all across the continents. The various destinations that amaze tourists interested in different kind of activities are reasons that make this place popular. Amongst the various places to visit in Canada, one place that stands out is the Upper Canada Village.
Travelling to Upper Canada Village is a rejuvenating trip that renders a refreshing as well as a stimulating experience that will leave you with unforgettable and precious memories. Canada is all about captivating natural wonders and fun activities that you can explore.
A tour to Upper Canada Village lets you witness authentic buildings and age-old activities that take you back to era of 1860’s. This majestic tour will enthrall you completely and give ample reasons to visit this place again.
While planning a trip to Canada, you can jot down the ‘things to do in Canada’ that will end up being more than just a list. Apart from touring the village and trying out the thrilling activities, there are humongous numbers of café/restaurants that serve the most brilliant cuisines.
Medieval festivals, sheep shearing days are altogether a different experience for a tourist seeking gaiety. So once you are in hold of your Canada visa, planning a trip to this amazing village has to be your top priority.
Few interesting places that are a must go on your list include:
- Crysler Store: It is nothing more than a small departmental store; however, the little things offered here are deeply attached to its age-old culture. The feel and the smell of little pots, pans, dress materials, tea tools, leather, spices etc. are a feast for the eyes of the tourist.
- Willard’s Hotel: A building that stands strong since 1790’s, this is a very authentic piece of architecture. Originally built as a house, it also started to be used as an inn. The hotel now is open to tourist visitors who want to indulge in a traditional meal, serving roasted meat, potatoes, and seasonal vegetables with the most devouring home baked apple pie.
- Christ Church: Built in an aesthetic and picturesque style, this 18th century building reflects symmetry, balance and a class of its own. In olden times, it was used as a meeting place for families, and for the young who were seeking partners. The church is decorated with Gothic windows and arches treating the tourists with best architectural experience.
- Discovery Centre: The Discovery Centre paves the way of visitors into the epoch of 1860’s. Many audiovisual shows are held here that inform the visitors about the war of 1812.
- Ross Farm: This is one of the earliest standing buildings in the town. Today, the house is used as a dwelling for exhibiting little domestic crafts like needle works and quilting. Scraps of cloths were saved by women for recycling. Cloths are cut, stitched, and used for rug making. Theses quilts and rugs adorn the houses with bright colours; especially during winters.
Many other places such as Beach’s Sawmill, Gazette Printing Office, Loucks Farm, Providence Chapel, Union Cheese Factory etc. are supreme tourist attractions of Upper Canada Village.
Canada Tourism also includes activities like Tow Scow, Wagon Ride, Miniature Train etc. These form part of other exciting episodes of this tour. Tow Scow is a journey along the village canal in a horse drawn carriage. It can seat up to 60 people who can enjoy a nice stroll along the canal.
Tour to Upper Canada Village offers a diversity of dining encounters including various historical cuisines. Shopping is again an exquisite experience in the Upper Canada Village. One of Ontario’s largest gift shops is available here. This shop offers various Canadian crafts like yarn, blankets, tinware, pots etc. In addition, you can choose from a great collection of books, clothes and other souvenirs that are available here. You can buy the most amazing Cheddar Cheese made at the Village Cheese Factory.
The most important thing to do when you decide to visit Canada is to apply for Canada visa. It is best to be organised and do the paper work efficiently in order to avoid hassles. You can apply for Canada visa online or visit your local consulate office for the same. If you need help, you can contact your nearest visa application centre. However, if you are required to give biometrics that is fingerprints and photograph, then you need to submit your application in person.
Staff at your visa application centre will properly check that your application is complete and will confirm that you have paid the correct fees, which should be paid in Canadian dollars before you can give your biometrics.
Canada Holidays are a great opportunity for visitors who want to explore this beautiful world. It is an mesmerising experience for tourists who will find great novelty in visiting all these wonderful places.