In the modern world traveling becomes easier and easier for everybody. We can travel when we like, where we like and at any part of the year.
But, opening a new holiday destination, we want to know about this place as much as possible in order to make the trip not only interesting but also relaxing and safe, of course.
How much do you know about such Asian country as Malaysia in general, and its capital city of Kuala Lumpur in particular?
Nothing much, isn’t it? – So? Let’s discuss it now. Take a look at some information, which can be useful when you visit this part of the planet.
- Did you know that Kuala Lumpur was formed in the early 19th century? At the very beginning it was a mining settlement, located at the confluence of two rivers Gombak and Klang.
Why did people come there? – The explanation is quite simple, there were found huge tin deposits. – That is the reason, why you will see so many specific statues, pictures and ornaments all over the city.
- The population of modern Kuala Lumpur is 1.5 million plus 6 million people living on the territories adjacent to the capital. So get used that you will meet crowds everywhere!
- Not everybody knows that Kuala Lumpur is on the second place (after Singapore) as to its economic development in Asia.
By the way, at the same time it has been able to preserve its ancient cultural traditions and pristine nature. From year to year Kuala Lumpur tourism has been developing successfully. The hotel accommodation in the capital of Malaysia is famous not only for its relatively low prices but also for its amazing service and level of comfort. That is really a pleasant place to stay in.
- We are sure that you’ve heard about the Petronas Twin Towers, which are considered to be a must visit for every tourist.
Up to 2003, the towers had been the highest buildings in the world and now are considered a modern wonder of the world.
At a height of 41-42 floors two Towers of Petronas are interconnected by Skybridge, which is now opened to the public only on certain days and hours. The towers involve a huge shopping center with boutiques of well-known brands.
Also on its territory you can eat something tasty in one of the restaurants, get new knowledge in a research center and listen to classical music in the building of the Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Have you ever visited any television tower? Any way you should try to find some free time and climb one in Kuala Lumpur.
Why is it so popular? – The matter is that its height is 421 meters and nowadays it is considered to be among the tallest concrete buildings in the world.
We should mention, that this construction has quite interesting form. It resembles a rattle. On the very top you will find many interesting objects, the most popular of them are an observation deck and a modern restaurant.
By the way, if you are planning to have a dinner there, book your table in advance. The experienced travelers recommend to do it as soon as possible, because the number of visitors is really amazing.
- The Kuala Lumpur architecture is represented in different styles.
For example, the Moorish style can be seen in City theater and the former Main Post office, a Tudor style cathedral building is at Independence Square, and Clock Tower, the Museum of National History and Visitors Center are constructed in Victorian-style.
- Only in Kuala Lumpur there is a huge park of hibiscus, which is considered to be a Malaysian symbol.
In general in Kuala Lumpur there are a lot of specialized parks. These places are visited by children as well as by adults. This walking brings pleasant mood and relaxing atmosphere. If you have time for visiting this terrific and unusual city without any hurrying, first of all, pay attention to butterfly, bird and deer parks. They are really unique and you won’t be disappointed after this small adventure.
- Equatorial climate of Kuala Lumpur differs by its rainfalls. During the year the air temperature varies from 17.8 to 38.5 degrees Celsius. So do not forget to dress respectively.
- Kuala Lumpur is a shopper’s paradise. There are many modern shopping malls, stores and markets in the city. All products are of high quality and the prices are relatively low. The easiest way to move around Kuala Lumpur is by rental car. It will help you to see more places of interest in the shortest time.
Finally, we can’t but recommend, if you are still thinking of going to Kuala Lumpur or not, don’t hesitate. Buy your tickets and discover a fantastic place called Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.