For frequent travelers scoring a low-priced ticket without spending hours on comparing and searching is like a jackpot. To tell you the truth, finding good deals on airfares is all about having good Intel and then working on the system efficiently. Whether you are planning to visit India to see the famous Taj Mahal or you plan to hike the Karakoram ranges, here are six secrets for scoring a low-priced air ticket.
- Signup For Travel Alerts – During sale time you will find the best airfares, and you will find out about these sales only if you have signed up for the newsletters. Signing up for newsletter is the best way to find out about deals, because whenever a promotion comes it is mentioned in the newsletters or email alerts. So keep an eye on them and keep checking your e-alerts for promotional offers.
- Travel On An Off Day –Airlines previously announced their sales at the beginning of the week, but nowadays a sale can come up randomly.While there is no longer a magic booking window, it really matters what day you fly. Normally, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday is considered cheap flying days, so try to book your flight for any of these days.
- Consider A Different Airport – Traveling to or from a large city? Then considering traveling from a regional airport which is a short drive away from the major hub will be best. For example, fly from Monterey rather than San Francisco or Manchester instead of Boston. Smaller airports also offer a pleasant traveling experience because of less crowds and shorter lines.
- Do The Calculation – If you are a savvy traveler then you must be knowing this trick that sometimes booking two one way tickets is cheaper than buying a roundtrip ticket. But don’t forget the main word “Sometimes”. So do the math and calculate both the fares.
- Be Social With Airlines – Since the emergence of social media platforms all the brands have made an online presence to gain the attention of the customers. The airlines are also into this game, so if you are looking for rock-bottom deals then follow your favorite airlines on social media and you can come across a special offer. But remember when you see a good deal quickly grab it as these deals sell of quickly.
- Avoid Extra Fees – The airline industry earns billions of dollars every year from the additional fees. They ask us fees for extra baggage $20 or more, for choosing our seat $5 -$8 and for booking by phone $15 or more. Now if you are going for a family trip all these additional fees can add up easily and turn to extra hundred dollars for just the fees and taxes. It’s better that you make a booking online through website of the airline or other traveling websites like FareoAir travel, Expedia or Kayak because from here you can catch promotional deals and you don’t even have to pay any additional charges.
Esme Craig is a freelance writer and a history teacher, she loves to travel and explore different cultures due to the subject that she teaches, she works for Business World Travel as a travel blogger.