If you have been planning to make the most of your holiday moments in the city of London then all you need to do is to create a holiday itinerary that will include all the majestic travel attractions that you wish to explore during your holiday.
London is undoubtedly one of the best travel destinations in this whole wide world which encompasses some of the brilliantly attractive places of attractions that you must be checking out during your upcoming holiday. If it has been a long time that you have not gone out on a holiday trip and truly wish to make the most of your holiday moments in the most desirable manner then you must consider paying a visit to the British capital which will further make you feel thoroughly enriched all the time.
The British capital truly encompasses all of it what it takes to make your trip as much fascinating as desired. If it has been a long time that you have not gone out on a holiday trip to London and truly wish to make the sincere most of your holiday trip then you can truly consider planning the whole thing well in advance. London is all about making you feel thoroughly enriched. All you need to do is to take adequate measures in sprucing up the spirit of your holiday in a truly enchanting manner. London has most certainly got all of it that it would take to make your holiday as much captivating as desired.
If in case you are planning to spend the holiday in a budget friendly manner the you must consider checking out all the free attractions that the city takes price in offering the visitors with. There is absolutely no dearth in exploring the best of the holiday moments in the most eccentric manner. London city has surely got all of it what it takes to make you feel thoroughly enriched in the most captivating manner.
If there are some free attractions that you would like to explore during your upcoming holiday break and that too in a desirable manner then you must consider including the fascinating Vitoria and Albert Museum to your list of holiday hotspots in London. By means of visiting this ever so enriching holiday attraction, you would be able to explore more fabulous aspects about the British capital that would make things more wondrous for you. Stay over at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel and it will get easier for you to visit the V & A Museum conveniently.
Things you need to know about the Victoria & Albert Museum
It is a part of the complex of museums in South Kensington. This museum is quite eccentric and it fantastically includes the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum.
It was founded in the year 1852 and has financed from the revenues of the Great Exhibition of 1851. It has moved to its present location in the year 1909. At present, the Victoria & Albert Museum covers more than 13 acres and is comprised of 145 galleries that span some 5000 years of enriching art and artistic exhibits.
The exhibitions of this museum have been arranged into four categories. They are as follows:
- Furniture, Textiles and Fashion
- Sculpture, Metalwork, Ceramics and Glass and
- Word and Image.
It gets impossible to get around this vast museum in a single visit. Owing to the vastness of the Victoria & Albert Museum, it will get quite difficult to explore each one of the exhibits in a day’s span. This is why you should always consider arranging your trip ahead of time so that things can be managed out properly.
For every travel enthusiast, early planning always plays quite an integral role in exploring most of the city’s eccentric holiday quotient in a fascinating manner. London city has surely got all of it what it takes to make you feel enriched all the time. It is all about the fabulous holiday essence that will let you take in the pleasurable beauty and exquisiteness of the holiday in the most beautiful manner. London has got all of it what it takes to make you feel captivated all the time.
If you are wondering about some of the reasons that are compelling enough to make your trip as much enriching s desired then you can surely consider going through the following points.
- The British Galleries: It is comprised of 15 galleries and more than 4000 art and craft artefacts. The displays of the British Galleries revolve around various thematic styles. Each one of the exhibits is trendsetter in its own unique way. The British Galleries are divided into three groups and they are:
- Tudor and Stuart Britain: it includes instances from the Renaissance, Elizabethan and Baroque styles
- Georgian Britain: It features Asian influences and the Gothic revival
- Victorian Britain: It mostly covers the Renaissance revival and several other influences.
- Glass and Ceramics: The ceramics and glass collection of this museum is considered to be the largest in the world. It boasts to have more than 80,000 objects that have been collected from different continents. Check out the Meissen Porcelain from the earliest kings of Europe.
- Fashion and Textiles: It includes a permanent exhibition of historical costumes from the Renaissance period to the present times and also happens to be one of the largest collections of its own kind. Check out the textile study room that is comprised of instances of virtually every form of textile technique.
- Asia: It is one of the largest of its kind and is comprised of several unique items from Himalayas and China. Make sure to check out Tipoo’s Tiger which happens to be a life size mechanical toy that depicts a fierce tiger attacking a European soldier.
- Furniture Gallery: It showcases the design and construction of such great furniture makers as Frank Lloyd Wright and Eileen Gray. It focuses on British furniture of the 18th and 20th.
These are some of the fabulous reasons that are enticing enough to drag your attention towards paying a visit to the enriching V & A Museum in London.
Fergus Brandon is a travel writer by profession and nomad by choice. He was born in Cambridge and completed his masters (International Tourism Management ) from London School of Commerce. He is working as the travel Editor for TheMontcalm hotels group.